Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hull FC v Hull KR .....It's derby time once again!

Sunday is derby time once again, unfortunately I wont be there as I've been roped into work. It's only fair really as I get away with most of the busy match days, and we have someone on holiday. As it's a 12.30 KO I have to be in work for 9.30. Why folk want to drink as early as that I'll never know, but apparently they do! So the police making it an early KO makes no difference whatsoever! I have to say though, you rarely get any hi-jinx with RL crowds.
I'm just hoping the old knees hold up as I work Sunday nights as well. At least I'll have a bit of help as my daughter Shell is doing some hours there to make a bit of extra money before she jets off to Japan. The flights are booked, she goes on October 1st. She just has to go to the Japanese embassy in London to sort out her visa, now that her letter of authorisation has come through from Kumamoto University.
She had a bit of an accident Tuesday night, tripped over one of the cats and fell down the stairs! Unfortunately the bowl she was carrying broke, and a piece dug into her lower arm. The Hubster and I had just gone to bed and we heard an almighty crash. Then their was a knock at the door and a little voice saying, 'Dad, I think I might need to go to hospital' So they went off to A&E at 12.30am and got back at 4am. Meanwhile, I was left scrubbing the stairs carpet!
Anyway, she had 5 stitches in the wound, and has come off amazingly unscathed considering she fell right down the stairs, from the top to the bottom!
Just to finish, I'll wish Hull FC all the best against the Sith. (I predict a tonking!!) Also all the very best to the Mighty Whites who are at home to Luton on Saturday, Lets hope for our 4th league win on the bounce and we'll be down to -3!!! They'll all be quaking in their treacherous boots, those teams above us in League One I tell you!!

2 comments:

Mick & Cathy said...

You're missing the local derby, I'm shocked.
The mighty white will march on and well done Wisey for winning "Manager of the Month", love his speech really shoved it down the Football leagues throat.

airliebird58 said...

I missed out, rang for a ticket a fortnight ago and they'd all gone in the stand my brother is in. Ah well.
Manager of the month can be a bit of a bad luck charm cant it? But to be honest I think we've seen the worst of that!